It’s sad to realize that when January rolls around this year I won’t be getting together with Jack, Chloe, the CTU, and, of course, the gang from Blogs.4Bauer.com. Those of you who never visited the site have no idea of how much fun the writers and (we hope) our readers had. We were all big fans, but the most irreverent group of fans you’ve ever seen. We loved the show, embraced the characters, and poked fun at every turn.
And we appreciated the women. OK, that’s not quite true. We drooled over the women like college freshman at their first strip club. But in a good way.
One of our favorites, Agent Red Hot (Annie Wersching), made an appearance on tonight’s episode of NCIS. Her cameo won’t make missing a new season of 24 go away, but it may have made the pain just a little less.
We are coming to the end of 24: Season 8, which means we are coming near the end of the series. You can join the crew at Blogs.4Bauer.com for tonight’s liveblog, but while you wait here are 10 of my favorite Jack Bauer Truths.
- Killing Jack Bauer doesn’t make him dead. It just makes him angry.
- If everyone listened to Jack Bauer, the show would be called 12.
- Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.
- Jack Bauer is what Willis was talking about.
- When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
- When Jack Bauer pissses into the wind, the wind changes direction.
- Sun Tzu once wrote, “If your enemy is weaker, conquer him. If he is stronger, join him. If he is Jack Bauer, you’re f***ing dead.”
- If Jack Bauer was gay, his name would be Chuck Norris.
- Let’s get one thing straight: the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.
- If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he’d shoot Nina twice.
And what’s a Jack Bauer post without a little Kim Bauer.
We come to the end of 100 Things Your Kids May Never Know About on List & Lass. Today we look at Everything Else.
70. Taking turns picking a radio station, or selecting a tape, for everyone to listen to during a long drive.
71. Remembering someone’s phone number. I don’t even remember my own.
72. Not knowing who was calling you on the phone.
73. Actually going down to a Blockbuster store to rent a movie.
74. Toys actually being suitable for the under-3s.
75. LEGO just being square blocks of various sizes, with the odd wheel, window or door. ???
76. Waiting for the television-network premiere to watch a movie after its run at the theater.
77. Relying on the 5-minute sport segment on the nightly news for baseball highlights.
78. Neat handwriting. Never had it, never will.
79. The days before the nanny state. Can we get those days back?
80. Starbuck being a man.
81. Han shoots first.
82. “Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.” But they’ve already seen episode III, so it’s no big surprise.
83. Kentucky Fried Chicken, as opposed to KFC.
84. Trig tables and log tables.
85. “Don’t know what a slide rule is for …”
86. Finding books in a card catalog at the library.
87. Swimming pools with diving boards.
88. Hershey bars in silver wrappers.
89. Sliding the paper outer wrapper off a Kit-Kat, placing it on the palm of your hand and clapping to make it bang loudly. Then sliding your finger down the silver foil of break off the first finger
90. A Marathon bar (what a Snickers used to be called in Britain).
91. Having to manually unlock a car door.
92. Writing a check.
93. Looking out the window during a long drive.
94. Roller skates, as opposed to blades.
96. Libraries as a place to get books rather than a place to use the internet.
97. Spending your entire allowance at the arcade in the mall. Pac Man and Asteroids!
98. Omni Magazine. I had a subscription to Commodore Magazine.
99. A physical dictionary — either for spelling or definitions.
100. When a ‘geek’ and a ‘nerd’ were one and the same.
In honor of number 80, today’s lass is the female Starbuck and iritating, but good looking, Dana Walsh of 24, Katee Sackhoff.
You know the drill. More below.
Click for larger images.
« Hide it
Tonight begins the Jack Bauer AR (After Red Hot) era. The gang at Blogs4Bauer will be liveblogging, of course.
The big question is, does Jack dissolve into a quivering end-of-Extreme-Home-Makeover blob, or does he reach deep down and find his inner Jack? I hope for the later, but fear for the former. That’s why my guess on the Jack Bauer Kill Counter is a measly 1. I figure that any kills are going to be offset by crying and apologizing. Get your guess in before the festivities begin at around 8:45 eastern.
I’m not talking about the health takeover debate, although that discussion needs to go on. I’m talking about 24. And all though it is coming to an end, it’s not over yet. That means you can still join in the liveblogging fun at Blogs.4Bauer.com and while you’re waiting be sure to post your guess on the JBKC post.
If that’s not enough to hold you over, how about some agent Red Hot.
It looks like the worst day of Jack Bauer’s day is about to come to an end. Monday’s won’t be the same.
After my out of touch week, I am about through playing catch up. I’ve waded through pages of email, spam, and a very full feed reader, performed maintenance on my various blogs (including all the spam registrations at The Regiment), watched some football, hockey, and three out of the first four hours of 24.
I have to watch the fourth hour before hour five tonight. And speaking of hour five, be sure that you join the crew at the best 24 site anywhere — Blogs.4Bauer.com. Make sure that you remember to join us for the Season 8: 8 pm to 9 pm liveblogging event.
One of the other things I missed were two episodes of bRight@Night. I’ll take care of that immediately following Jack. More on that later.
Now, on with the show.
We’re getting close to Christmas and close to 24 Season 8. With those things in mind, this is genius.
This also gives me the opportunity to test the new automatic embed feature of 2.9 and pimp the best 24 site in the universe — Blogs.4Bauer.com
Season 8 of 24 starts in just a bit over a month. That means the deranged crew at Blogs.4Bauer.com is gearing up to bring you the best coverage of all things Bauer once again.
Of course we all know that means 24 hotties as well. Wyatt has found the show has hired a contractor.
Read the post at B4B to see what Nanzeen Contractor will be doing.
Personally, I’m looking for some more agent Red Hot.
Sure looks like a good season to me.
100 Post Marathon #52
With all that is going on I missed the season finale of 24. I’m watching it online right now.